In 1926 Rev. Frank J. Lindquist began to pursue his dreams and the dreams of many other fellow believers to have a central location where the district could conduct it’s business but also a place where Christ’s followers could be rejuvenated. The burning desire must’ve been God’s hint the time was nearing and the pieces were coming together. By fall of 1926 Rev. C.M. Hanson was sent out west to negotiate with owners of a 13-acre lake shore property in Alexandria MN. The result? The District Council of the Assemblies of God purchased the property for $3,500. May 15th 1927 was the day pastors, volunteers and contractors broke the ground for the Tabernacle, the very first building at Lake Geneva Christian Center. The Tabernacle was finished in 7 weeks and capable of holding 1,000 guests.