As we all prepare for future days, I want to take a few moments to share our approach towards 2020 Lake Geneva Summer Camps. In a sentence, we’re fighting to give every opportunity for families, kids, and students to be able to gather this summer at Camp. If it doesn’t happen, it won’t be for a lack of effort on anyone’s part, nor will we feel we’ve failed. Ultimately, GOD ALONE KNOWS!
To give a greater opportunity for the potential of summer camps, we’ve taken all Kid’s Camps in June and moved them into the middle of the Teen camping season in July. We understand that even if the best case scenario unfolds, not everyone will be able to be a part of a July Kid’s option. This move means that the first camp of the summer would be Family Camp, starting in late June. If we’re given that opportunity to gather as families, we understand that there would also be many added restrictions. Together with the Presbyters, we’ll weigh the options and make a decision regarding Family Camp no later than May 29th.
The Kid’s Camp committee met on Friday and voted unanimously, if given the opportunity, to have two sessions of MN Kids Camp. As pastor Chris said, “We are fighting for that opportunity as long as we have a safe option to meet.” The first session would be Mon-Thurs, July 13-16, and the second session would be Thurs-Sunday, July 16-19. Youth Camps would meet the week prior to Kids Camps, and also the two weeks following Kids Camp. We will continue to monitor progress in MN regarding the virus, and pay close attention to the restrictions from our Governor and the CDC. The Presbytery board will again weigh the options and make a decision regarding the feasibility of age-graded camps no later than May 29th.